Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Picture palace lost The Royal Playhouse Cinema Tenby Wales

Whilst catching up with news from the mother country I came across a sad tale of another independent cinema biting the dust unable to compete with the multiplex's in this case the cinema is in the tourist resort of Tenby west Wales. Tenby is  a little Georgian town surround by beautiful country side and filled with historical atmosphere from its old town walls and market town atmosphere. With its golden beaches in the summer its one of the best places to visit, with an abundance of local history and Pembroke Castle a half hours drive away.
      But with its dependence on holiday traffic the cinema found it hard to survive, the local multiplexes arrival in nearby Camarthen being the final nail in the  coffin.
     The last time I visited Tenby was a few years ago on a work trip. With some down time to myself in the evening before attending a meal with my workmates I took the opportunity to catch a a film and this cinema was where I caught The House on Haunted Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment