Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hobbit premiere , artisan market, and Gandalf at the Embassy

Well today Sunday 25th of November was spent with my family in Central Wellington. I had but two goals. To view the Embassy canopy with its new Gandalf installation.


Then with a sharp turn left we were met by our local councils tribute to Middle Earth. It shows Wellington city rising up in the heart of Middle Earth. Now imagine this scene on the day of the Premiere this street will be closed off to traffic and filled with fans hoping for a site of the stars and the films director.

But the main purpose of our being in Wellington CBD was the Artisan Fayre which I referred to in  my last post. So what follows is just a flavour of Sunday at the Fayre. Various craftsmen and women, plus larger companies such as NZ Post and Air New Zealand advertised their links with the new film and various practical demonstrations of makeup, clothing and weapons were taking place on a small stage with large screen pumping out images to the gathering crowd. It was a family day out and there was a great atmosphere. I have a feeling that getting anywhere near the Embassy theatre on Premiere day will be optomistic. But I will be taking my camera.

So here are a few images as promised  to give you and idea at the interest approaching the Premiere.




No comments:

Post a Comment