Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rise of the Apes and The Hobbit video diaries

Well in a week of computer problems the end of the week was a goody bag of supprises courtesy of facebook.
First off Weta held an event on the Avatar facebook page that allowed a little peak at the work they have done for the new planet of the Apes movie. I have to admit I'm officially excited, their work looks to be promising and visiually exciting. The final ape design is good, but being only a taster of things to come promises a lot wether they can deliver on the final product I await with anticipation. I have to be honest as an Apes fan, I was taken aback when I learnt that the Apes would be digital. Tim Burtons take may have been a cinematic misfire but Rick Baker's makeup work was faultless. But I'm feeling much better about the whole proposition now I have seen the trailer but the final test will be on its release and whether they deliver on that early promise.

Closing off the week and again courtesy of facebook the first production video for the Hobbit and to truly spoil us it was available in HD. It was great to see old and new faces and some familiar locations. I can hardly call myself a Hobbit fan. I cannot quote names or events but Jackson has led the way with production diaries since Kong and the extra's on Lovely Bones. He is a master at drawing you into the production and leaving you feeling satisfied and at the same time not revealing too much that would spoil your enjoyment of the final film. A well produced opener emontional and revealing without spoiling. I await future postings on Peter Jacksons facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment