Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fast and Furious 5

Well Good Friday ment everything except for my local cinema was shut. After a morning enduring Toy Story's 1 and 2 with a dash of Thomas the Tank engine I decided that  once my little man was settled down for his afternoon siesta to sneek out of the domestic homestead and catch some Vin Diesel action. I will try to avoid spoilers but to start things off, the gang from Part 4 are all on the run, and end up in Rio. Through various plot twists and some adrenaline fueled action scenes they end up on the local Mr Big's hit list and with the Rock as a goverment bounty hunter on their backs. This is high octane action all the way and I am already planning a return trip to catch this movie again but with wifey at my side. She is a major Vin Diesel fan and the Rock for her is the icing on the cake.
This movie ticks all the boxes, Paul Waker is great and this very much plays out like a heist movie. I loved it more than 4 and its right up there with 1 and is now my new favourite of the series. As a heist movie it falls a little short in that the actual plan is not that involving and this is where the Rock comes into play. Dwayne Johnson is in full on hard ass mode and he delivers big time. If OTT action is your bag then this movie will not dissapoint. I loved it and so far 2011 is getting off to a good start. I cant wait for part 6 in the franchise it can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment