Monday, December 20, 2010

Tron Revisited

Well our local press has described Tron Legacy as a weak performer. I cannot really agree with that sensationalist assessment of the sequel. 43 million dollars is not to be sniffed at in anyones book. The reall story is in a week or two when we will find out if the film has any legs.
  Ive yet to see the film, Christmas shopping taking precedence in our household but I will. You see having read most of the criticisms and reviews I will go into this 3D presentation with lowered expectations. It will not be the first time I had attended a screening expecting the worst, and if I am fortunate I will come away with a buzz.
  You see I remember Tron the first time around. It was different, it was sold as a new age of cinema. It wasn't the greatest story ever told, and in my youngish mind it didn't replace my love for all things Star Wars. But it was different and it had some bold idea's. Most of the reviews seem to me repeats of arguments made at the time of the original films release. Therefore I will not be put off. I might even post a favorable review. But I will be going in with reasonable expectation not believing the hype.
So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment