Sunday, October 9, 2011

After The Waterfall

This year has been a good year for little domestic drama's that I've enjoyed. For me Animal Kingdom opened the door and this little understated drama has again caught me unawares and drawn me in through the brilliant acting of Anthony Starr and  supporting cast.
This is the tale , painful at times of a father whose daughter goes missing whilst in his care. What follows is the disintergration of his life and seperation from his partner. It is a slow burn drama excellantly directed by Simone Horrocks loosely based on the novel The Parrafin Child. This is not a film about the disapearence that is just a catalyst for the main characters emotional upheaval. So to watch it as if it were Hollywood mainstream would be to do the film an unjustice. There is no end title solution just a man coming to terms with his loss and helplessness. This is a film I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment