Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wellington and the Rugby World Cup and Weta

Being a welshman living in New Zealand last weekend was a major event for me. Wales were due to play their first pool game in Wellington on Sunday night, against the formidable Springboks.
The selection of movies on show locally was depressing and I was hotly anticipating the arrival of my Star Wars Blu rays. Tinkering or not, I still wanted them, and to be honest, I will always remember seeing the originals but since the Special Editions, no one under 10 is going to be aware of the constant Lucas tinkering and their his babies so tinker away.
Still last Sunday our local museum Te Papa held a welsh day so I donned my welsh jersey and with my wife and son in tow headed towards Wellington to savour the atmosphere.
So I've attached a few images from the day. They do however have a film link in that the sculpture created for the World Cup is a Weta Production.






This is a brilliant example of their creativity and is a stunning piece of  community art.

No comments:

Post a Comment