Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Comeback and catch up

Well its been quiet on the blog recently, mainly due to the last three weeks or so dealing with family matters, hospital visits, and catching up with the folks back home via webcam, and skype. After seeing the Spider man film I was all movie d out and found it hard to motivate myself to go to the flicks. But that doesn't mean I gave up on movie s, nah, that's what blu ray is for. I reconnected with my favourite classic movies as my Amazon parcel belatedly arrived with film loving goodness. Top of which was viewing my Blu ray copy of The Italian Job with Michael Caine , which is an absolute fantastic transfer that allowed me to wallow in its pristine presentation.

But before I go on, I have to acknowledge two cinematic heroes passing away. Firstly the marvellous Marvin Hamlisch who as a Bond fanatic I have to acknowledge for his brilliant theme for the Spy Who Loved me. Lastly Tony Scott, whatever way he left this earth, and for whatever reasons I will miss his cinematic eye and storytelling prowess. There is a small select group of movies that I constantly revisit. Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Frighteners, The Italian Job, Die Hard, Star Wars and amongst those classics, The Last Boy Scout. So tonight I will be watching that gem soaking up Shane Blacks brilliant acidic dialogue and feeling the sadness wash over me.

So a toast to Mr T Scott, thanks for the great movies you delivered, and the memories I have.
Normal service is about to be resumed when I visit the cinema to see Total Recall and maybe add a few Blu ray reviews to the site.

I missed you but now I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment