Friday, July 15, 2011

Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Review

You know reviewing something like Transformers is an exercise in futility. Did I love it uh no, did I hate it? Uh no.  It is what it is, for two hours twenty minutes in totally glorious 3D I was plunged once again in that destruction derby style conflict between the Auto bots and the Decepticons.
Part 1 introduced the characters; part 2 was a storytelling mess all rapid cuts, explosions, and mayhem with a few suspect sexual references. Unwelcome in a franchise that’s a kiddy cash in.  
So I guess I’m pleased to say part 3 Dark side of the Moon is the series charmer. Robots are front and centre, there is a story and guess what it makes sense. The 3D presentation curbs some of Michael Bay’s excesses and makes the battles easier to follow and as a result much more involving. This is the best of the series with some amazing edge of the seat action scenes and that allows Optimus Prime a chance to shine front and centre stage. Megatron is the poor presence in this sequel but there are some nice cameos and for two hours and twenty minutes I was absorbed by the screen. Not once did I glance at my watch not once did I get bored.
This is not Shakespeare but it is the best example of 3D since Avatar and that says a lot. You won’t feel cheated and you’ll have a good time and the 3D effects will have you hanging on to your seat. It’s the Transformers movie that Parts 1 and 2 should have been and for that alone its worth recommending.

No comments:

Post a Comment